|ATEAM sector: Forestry
Indicators within the ATEAM assessment framework:
- Wood production
- Power generation (biofuel: wood biomass)
- Landscape diversity
Principal investigators: Santi SabatÚ (CREAF, Spain), Timo Karjalainen (EFI, Finland) & Frits Mohren (WU, Netherlands).
- Tree productivity: wood biomass & increment (heartwood, sapwood)
- Felling potential, age classes & natural tree mortality
- Suitability of tree species
- Biofuel wood suitability and yield
- Forest management change
- Pest susceptibility
Models: GOTILWA+, EFISCEN, FORGRO-HYDRALL.
Main interacting ATEAM sectors: Carbon storage & Energy, Biodiversity & nature conservation, Mountains (Tourism & recration).
The ATEAM will apply a forest modelling framework driven by changes in climate, land use, and in carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere. The model framework takes forest management practices into account. It does however leave the evaluation of economic profitability to the stakeholders e.g. of the forest industry.
Back to list of sectors.