|ATEAM sector: Agriculture
Indicators within the ATEAM assessment framework:
- Food & fibre production
- Power generation (biofuels, e.g. rape seed, sugar beet)
- Landscape diversity
Principal investigators: Pete Smith (RES-IACR, United Kingdom) & Mark Rounsevell (UCL, Belgium).
- Crop yield, yield variability & profitability
- Physical suitability of crops
- Management change
- Soil fertility, erosion & salinisation
- Biofuel crops suitability and yield
Models: MAGEC (SWAP version), SUNDIAL, ROTHC.
Main interacting ATEAM sectors: Water, Biodiversity & nature conservation.
The ATEAM will apply alternative socio-economic and climate change scenarios for agriculture in the future. Socio-economic variables at the regional scale will be derived from population development, the development of prices and costs of agricultural products, policies for land use planning regulations and policies for environmental protection areas.
Back to list of sectors.