Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
P.O. Box 60 12 03
14412 Potsdam, Germany
As a PostDoc here at PIK, I was working on the energy and surface mass balance of the Greenland Ice-Sheet together with Andrey Ganopolski. We developed a physically-based modelling approach that can be applied to a broad range of time scales and climate change scenarios (project description). Co-workers: Alex Robinson and Reinhard Calov.
Since February I'm working at Climate Analytics in Berlin. I'm also a guest scientist here at PIK.
- Surface mass balance of Greenland Ice Sheet
- Physical properties of snow: compaction, metamorphosis, melting/refreezing, albedo
- Palaeoclimate modelling, numerical climate modelling
- Large-scale ocean circulation
- Energy Balance Models and heat transports
- Internal climate variability, ocean–atmosphere interactions
- Pacific climate variability: ENSO, PDO